[Koha] There was an error trying to return an item

Joy Nelson joy at bywatersolutions.com
Sat Aug 7 03:24:27 NZST 2021

Victor-
In the past I have fixed this by logging into the database and changing the
issue id in the issues table, correcting the auto increment value that is
to be used next.  The auto increment value used next needs to be higher
than the highest id found in the old issues table.  Check the Koha wiki to
see if the DBMS page for more specific information on fixing it.
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/DBMS_auto_increment_fix

joy

On Fri, Aug 6, 2021 at 8:42 AM Victor Barroso Oliveira <vbovictor at gmail.com>
wrote:

> In System Information:
> "Some of your tables have problems with their auto-increment values, which
> can lead to data loss.
>
> You must not ignore this warning.
>
> The problem is that InnoDB does not maintain auto-increment on SQL server
> restarts (it is only set in memory). Therefore, at server startup,
> auto-increment values are set to max (table.id) +1.
>
> To find out how to avoid this problem, see the related wiki page: DBMS
> autofix
>
> Problems found
> Loans
> The following IDS exist in two issues and old_issues tables:
>
> 2, 1
>
> Em sex., 6 de ago. de 2021 às 11:39, Joy Nelson <joy at bywatersolutions.com>
> escreveu:
>
>> Hi Victor-
>> Can you access the About page in your Koha install and tell us what
>> errors are being reported there?
>>
>> -joy
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 6, 2021 at 8:37 AM Victor Barroso Oliveira <
>> vbovictor at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Good morning,
>>> There was an error trying to return an item.
>>> "The item was not returned due to a configuration problem on your system.
>>> You should ask an administrator to check.about the page and correct all
>>> errors shown on the "System information" tab"
>>> How can I fix this error?
>>> Thanks,
>>> Victor