[Koha] [koha] Missing bibliographic details.

Aleisha Amohia aleisha at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Aug 3 09:41:02 NZST 2021

Hi Muiru

Your query is almost there! I think your error is happening because of
the columns you're joining the tables on. The joining column should be
equal (or represent the same data) in both tables to be accurate. You
should amend the query to look more like:

SELECT items.itemcallnumber, items.barcode, biblio.author,biblio.title,
biblioitems.publishercode AS ISBN, items.price
FROM items
LEFT JOIN biblio ON (biblio.biblionumber=items.biblionumber)
LEFT JOIN biblioitems ON (biblioitems.biblionumber=items.biblionumber)
LEFT JOIN biblio_metadata ON
(items.biblionumber=biblio_metadata.biblionumber)

Hopefully that gives you some data in your results.

Also just noticed that you're using biblioitems.publishercode as ISBN,
I'm sure you know this, but there is also a biblioitems.isbn field that
might be mapped more accurately for you to use for this purpose.

Hope that helps!

Aleisha

On 2/08/21 9:40 pm, muiru james wrote:
> Hello team,
>
> I recently reinstalled koha 20.05 on Ubuntu 20. I'm running a complete
> shelflist report with columns biblio.author, biblio.title. However for new
> items added to the records, columns for author and title are blank. I have
> tried to use the extractvalue from biblio_metadata and the result is the
> same.
>
> The query is as below:
>
> SELECT
> items.itemcallnumber, items.barcode, biblio.author,biblio.title,
> biblioitems.publishercode AS ISBN, items.price.
> From items
> LEFT JOIN biblio ON (biblio.biblionumber=items.itemnumber)
> LEFT JOIN biblioitems ON (biblioitems.biblioitemnumber=biblionumber)
> LEFT JOIN biblio_metadata ON (items.itemnumber=biblio_metadata.biblionumber)
>
> Records staged after installation has the details but new items added ti
> the existing records has only data from the items table- callnumber,
> barcode and price.
>
> During the installation process, i could not install mariadb directly n had
> to install the mariadbserver10.03 then mariadbclient-10.03 then
> mariadbserver.
>
> I have tried rebuilding zebra and also rebuilding the tables from the
> rebuildtables.pl without success.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards
> James
*Aleisha Amohia*(she/her)
Koha Developer

Catalyst IT - Expert Open Source Solutions
Tel: +64 4 499 2267 | www.catalyst.net.nz <http://www.catalyst.net.nz>

Catalyst Logo

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email is intended for the named recipients
only. It may contain privileged, confidential or copyright information.
If you are not the named recipient, any use, reliance upon, disclosure
or copying of this email or its attachments is unauthorised. If you have
received this email in error, please reply via email or call +64 4 499 2267.