[Koha] How to hide Subfield in OPAC

Ketut Gunawan kettgun at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 20 20:06:47 NZST 2021

Dear Eric,

It works perfectly in detail.pl page.
Thank you very much.

Regards,
Ketut

On Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 4:41:20 AM GMT+8, Eric Phetteplace <ephetteplace at cca.edu> wrote:

So I assumed ".pdf" would appear somewhere in the link. You can use this updated code to hide any "online resources" links even once that look like the "opac-retrieve-file" links: https://gist.github.com/phette23/f4595ae6b8bddcf8d55cd12cc378253a

And pasted here:

// run 1) on opac-detail pages & 2) if no user is signed in
if (!!location.pathname.match('/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl') && !$('.loggedinusername').length) {
    // replace 856$u links with a link to login instead
    // this would need to be tweaked if there are multiple URLs per record
    $('.results_summary.online_resources a')
        .replaceWith('<a href="/cgi-bin/koha/opac-user.pl">login to view PDF</a>')
}Again, though, this is somewhat illusory; people can still access these PDFs without logging in if they really want to and have some minimal technical skills. So if the PDFs are quite sensitive you would need another approach.

Best,
ERIC PHETTEPLACE Systems Librarian, Libraries (he/him)
ephetteplace at cca.edu | o 510.594.3660 (cca)

5212 Broadway | Oakland, CA | 94618
CCA is situated on the traditional unceded lands of the Ohlone peoples.
Black-owned bookstores in Oakland: Ashay by the Bay, Marcus Books