[Koha] ElasticSearch Shuts Down on Server Reboot [Was: Installing ElasticSearch]

Charles Kelley cmkelleymls at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 10:22:05 NZST 2020

Hello, all!

    In our latest exchange, on 23 Sept. 2020 at 08:47, I wrote:

    Success! After several dozen tests, I'm glad and relieved that
ElasticSearch
> is successfully installed and it works smoothly.

    It looks like my exuberance was premature. I spent much of yesterday
updating records. Towards the end of the day, I exported the entire
database -- both bibliographic and item records. Then I rebooted the
server. While the Koha interface came up, none of the titles I searched was
found. Instead, I got this error from the either Koha or the Linux box, to
wit:

*Software error:*

> Unable to perform your search. Please try again.
>
> For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([*no address given*]),
> giving this message and the date and time of the error.

    I didn't lose my work from yesterday because I had a backup copy of the
authority and bibliographic files, and I had a backup copy of the previous
day's installation of Koha. I was prepared to upload the files into the
previous day's installation if I had to.

    However, by rebooting ElasticSearch manually, we could search again.
Must I reboot ElasticSearch everytime we reboot the server? How does one
get ElasticSearch to come up when the server is rebooted besides through
manual intervention? Surely, there must be an automatic way.

    Many thanks for everyone's help in this.

--

    気を付けて。 /ki wo tukete/ = Take care.

    -- Charles.

    Charles Kelley, MLS
    PSC 704 Box 1029
    APO AP 96338

    Charles Kelley
    Tsukimino 1-Chome 5-2
    Tsukimino Gaadenia #210
    Yamato-shi, Kanagawa-ken
    〒242-0002 JAPAN

    +1-301-741-7122 [US cell]
    +81-80-4356-2178 [JPN cell]

    mnogojazyk at aol.com [h]
    cmkelleymls at gmail.com [p]

    linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls <http://www.linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls>
    Meeting Your Information Needs. Virtually.