[Koha] Order and number of news appearing in OPAC

Quỳnh Vũ Đỗ quynhvd at thanglong.edu.vn
Wed Sep 16 20:34:05 NZST 2020

Hello,
We are using 19.11.06 (close to production)  and 19.11.09 (for testing),
under Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.
We have the following problems in displaying news on the OPAC home page (
opac-main.pl):

1) When the field "Number" of the news item is not set, the news are
displayed in increasing id number on the OPAC, i.e. the oldest new comes
first and the newest new item comes last, at the bottom of the page. Is
there a way to reverse the order? I.e. last news on top and oldest news at
the bottom of the OPAC home page?

2) Also, all the news (not flagged as expired) do appear. Thus, if you have
like tens of news, there will be a very long page. Is there a way to limit
the number of news displayed? For example only the latest news? With an
optional link to show all the news.

Or is there a way to display only the clickable title of the news so that
clicking on the title would open the news item for reading?

Displaying all the news (when there are many and when you do not wish to
flag them as expired right away) pushes the content of OpacMainUserBlock
down so that the coverflow (which BTW we did not yet succeed to make it
work) is down far away from sight of visitors

In last resort it would be necessary to modify the code of opac-main.pl

Thanks in advance for any hint or insight on these issues.
Kind regards
Quynh
M. Vũ Đỗ Quỳnh (Ph.D)
Trường Đại học Thăng Long - Université de Thang Long - Thang Long
University (Hanoi, Vietnam)
Phó Hiệu Trưởng, phụ trách HTQT - Vice-recteur chargé de la coopération
internationale - Vice-Rector in charge of International Cooperation
Web: http://thanglong.edu.vn/