[Koha] Upgrade from Koha 3.08.07

Nigel Titley nigel at titley.com
Thu Sep 10 02:34:04 NZST 2020

I'm running an extremely antique version of Koha 3.08.07 on Debian Squeeze.

For various reasons (mainly the fact that the system is enormously
stable) nothing has been upgraded for a long while but it's getting to
the point where I need to upgrade it. I'm planning at the same time to
move Koha off onto a new system running the latest Ubuntu LTS. I'm happy
with installing a brand-new Koha but how do I go about transferring the
data. I've found instructions for shifting the database but will the
database schema upgrade work with that huge a jump? It's not a huge
library, just a couple of thousand books.

Thanks for any help that anyone can offer.

Nigel