[Koha] Upgraded from Ubuntu 18 LTS to 20 LTS

John Sterbenz jsterben at umich.edu
Sat Oct 24 05:56:03 NZDT 2020

I tried to upgrade to Ubuntu 20.04 LTS just this week using
"do-release-upgrade".

This created several problems that, since I'm in my last week of employment
and am not being replaced (immediately if at all), caused me to abandon the
OS upgrade and I restored my machine using a snapshot taken prior to the
start of the upgrade process.  We're running Koha 19.11.10....I may try to
upgrade Koha to the 20.05 release but that will be my last act on the
server and it will be left to "run as long as it will run" before something
happens to it, nobody will know how to fix it, and the entire thing will
just die.

Anyway....

I have noticed what Tomas points out when I upgraded my server from 16.04
to 18.04 around a year ago--external repositories are disabled and must be
re-enabled upon completion of the upgrade, but I discovered this only after
attempting to perform a routine update on Koha and wondered why I wasn't
seeing the results I was expecting under apt-cache policy.

John

-=<*>=- -=<*>=- -=<*>=- -=<*>=- -=<*>=- -=<*>=- -=<*>=- -=<*>=- -=<*>=-
John E. Sterbenz, Jr.
Senior Associate Librarian
Manager, Electronic Collections Administration
700 East University Avenue
Kresge Hall, 4th Floor East
Suite K4511
Kresge Library Services