[Koha] C4::Context->userenv not defined!

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Thu Oct 22 06:41:35 NZDT 2020

Hi

While experiencing high CPU load on a virtual machine installed with
Koha 18.11.03 I found hundreds and thousands of lines like the following
in file "/var/log/koha/skat/plack-error.log":

C4::Context->userenv not defined! at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Items.pm
line 1037.
C4::Context->userenv not defined! at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Items.pm
line 1037.
C4::Context->userenv not defined! at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Items.pm
line 1037.

It seems like every OPAC search (executed by some annoying webcrawlers)
does generate such aline which unfortunately even comes without a timestamp.

Currently the file "plack-error.log" has around 262'000 lines and
260'000 of them look like shown above.

In and old message (
https://lists.katipo.co.nz/public/koha/2015-October/044027.html ) Mark
Tompsett wrote, these are just warnings. "If you had opac logins
enabled, and you logged in, you would find that these messages would not
be triggered." OPAC logins are allowed by system preference
"opacuserlogin" but still these messages do appear.

How can I get rid of this endlessly repeated message?

Best wishes: Michael