[Koha] Nov. Cat SIG, reports

Hernandez, Heather H Heather_Hernandez at nps.gov
Wed Nov 4 10:28:57 NZDT 2020

Hi!

The next Koha-US Cataloging Special Interest Group meeting is this Thursday, November 5, 2020 at 8 PT, 9 MT, 10 CT, 11 ET, open to all--you don't have to be a Koha-US member to join!  Can't make it?  No worries--it will be recorded and posted to the Koha-US YouTube channel.

For November our initial topic is reports!  Where to find useful reports for cataloging & technical services, great resources for learning about writing reports, how to share reports, and setting up & using Mana.  What are your favorite reports?  Which reports would you like to improve?  We'll follow our usual format of looking at this together followed by open discussion, questions, comments, etc. on anything cataloging related, cataloging adjacent, or even barely remotely related to cataloging--please feel free to turn on your video, unmute your mic, chime in, and even share your screen, as we learn from each other.

Details on joining us are here:
https://koha-us.org/event/cataloging-special-interest-group-2/?instance_id=6281

Questions, comments, suggestions ahead of time, for this or future meetings?  Send them to me!

December's tentative topic is workarounds--the weird and the wonderful!  And sharing documentation--any documentation--from the beautiful & online to the barely legible & invaluable hand-written notes.  How can we share?  How can we get involved in improving the manual?  How can we help each other be better catalogers?  How can we help and support the cataloging curious, the occasional cataloger, and/or those who have had cataloging thrust upon them?

See you at the SIG!  Cheerio!
h2

Ms. Heather Hernandez (she, her, hers)
Technical Services Librarian
San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park Research Center
2 Marina Blvd., Bldg. E, 3rd floor, San Francisco, CA  94123-1284
415-561-7032, heather_hernandez at nps.gov<https://webmail.lmi.net/src/compose.php?send_to=heather_hernandez%40nps.gov>
Library catalog: http://keys.bywatersolutions.com/