[Koha] Kohacon2020 will go ahead - online and in person

Kathryn Tyree kathryn at catalyst.net.nz
Wed May 13 10:49:39 NZST 2020

Kia ora koutou katoa,

I hope you are all safe and well, wherever you are.

The Kohacon team at Catalyst are excited to announce the following
decision: we will go ahead with Kohacon2020.

Kohacon2020 will be a hybrid online and in-person event, appropriate to
the New Zealand and global rules on travel at the time.

Following the success of the online Kohathon event, we realised that
Koha storytelling, teaching, learning, planning and coding can happen,
whether we are together online or in person. We already know that this
is a strength of our project.

Conference programme:
- As much as possible, it will stay the same:
https://2020.kohacon.org/posts/programme/
- We are thinking about live streamed presentations, streamed library
tours and social events, workshops delivered using an online training
platform, and we already have collaboration tools for us to work
together on Koha - we'll just make sure everyone knows how to participate.

Information for conference attendees:
- If you would like to register as an online-only participant, you will
hear more soon about how to register. We are very excited that the
online element of the conference will make it accessible to more people.
- We will keep in touch about NZ travel restrictions, to help you decide
whether to plan attending in person. Booking travel is not recommended
by us at this stage. We still plan to make a decision in July about how
we will proceed "in person" so travel may be booked if possible.

Information for conference speakers:
- Speakers, please could you email kohacon2020 at catalyst.net.nz to say
whether or not you willing to speak at the conference, if your
presentation will be delivered online-only.
- Please also provide your speaker bio (information about yourself) if
you haven't already . We will be in touch again with further details for
speakers.

Thank you all for supporting the conference so far. We will be in touch
again soon.

Extra special thanks to our conference sponsors: Bywater Solutions,
EBSCO, PTFS-Europe and Catalyst.

Best wishes,
Kathryn, on behalf of the Kohacon team

--
Kathryn Tyree
Koha Services Manager

Catalyst IT
DDI: +64 4 803 2414 Tel: +64 4 499 2267
www.catalyst.net.nz

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email is intended for the named recipients
only. It may contain privileged, confidential or copyright information.
If you are not the named recipient, any use, reliance upon, disclosure
or copying of this email or its attachments is unauthorised. If you have
received this email in error, please reply via email or call +64 4 499 2267.