[Koha] Self-service hardware question

Lisa Peel lpeel at swisseducation.com
Tue May 12 06:09:53 NZST 2020

Hello everyone

I am hoping those of you with experience of implementing self-service with Koha would be able to give me some assistance.

We are looking at implementing self-service in order to extend our service hours – however I have little experience of this, especially what hardware would be needed.

Am I right in thinking that it is not actually necessary to buy one of the very fancy free standing units I have seen in many supplier catalogues? We have no alarm system in any of our libraries (there are six of them, most of them relatively small with less than 3000 items each, no RFID). Ideally I need to find a cost effective solution, ideally something which would also incorporate generating a receipt (so students have proof of check in).

Could anyone advise me of what we would need and possible price?

Regards

Lisa

Mrs Lisa Peel
Head of Learning Resources, SEG Services
Swiss Education Group
________
Avenue des Alpes 62
CH-1820 Montreux, Switzerland
Mobile: +41 (0)79 228 0151<tel://+41(0)792280151>
Skype: biblio1897<skype://biblio1897>
www.swisseducation.com<https://www.swisseducation.com/en/>
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/swisseducationgroup> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/swisseducationgroup/> | Linkedin<https://www.linkedin.com/company/seg-swiss-education-group>

[http://signature.swisseducation.com/SEG2019.jpg]<https://www.swisseducation.com/en/>

Confidentiality and Disclaimer:
This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named.
Email messages are provided for informational purposes, therefore the sender does not accept
liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message.