[Koha] Serving an Intranet WebPAC from a Website

asakovich at hmcpl.org asakovich at hmcpl.org
Sat Jun 27 02:46:45 NZST 2020

Greetings, Bravismore,

That won’t work — the execution of the scripts is done on the Koha host, and would never work on an IIS host. If they were pure HTML files, yeah, it might work. But the IIS server would see Perl files via a Samba share, not HTML output.

An approach that would work would be to setup a proxy on the IIS host that would reroute requests to and from the Koha server. However, setting up a proxy is fraught with severe security risks. I would strongly discourage that unless you have an IIS expert in house with a lot of proxy experience.

The best solution is to expose the OPAC interface to the Internet, for performance, simplicity, stability, and security reasons — that is why most libraries do that.

Aaron
--
Aaron Sakovich
Internet and Technology Services Manager

Huntsville-Madison County Public Library
915 Monroe Street | Huntsville, Alabama 35801 | https://hmcpl.org/