[Koha] Koha 20.05 - Adding a description meta tag to <head>

Craig Butosi cbutosi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 04:05:10 NZST 2020

Hi all,
Running Koha 20.05 on Ubuntu 18.04 (Bionic).

I was interested in adding a description meta tag in my instance of
Koha for Google indexing reasons.  It looks like the included meta
tags as part of a Koha package install are located here:

/usr/share/koha/htdocs/opac-tmpl/bootstrap/en/includes/doc-head-close.inc

Would it be better to inject the description meta tag using a jQuery
stanza in OpacUserJs, or edit the doc-head-close.inc file directly?

Many thanks,

Craig Butosi, MA, MLIS, B Mus (Hons)
Library: library.craigbutosi.ca