[Koha] Status "in transit" after checking in

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Wed Jan 29 23:58:05 NZDT 2020

Hi

Our library is financed by two organisations. Thus we have one Koha
18.11 instance with two separate branches, but only one circulation
counter where we are checking in the items.

Say we are logged in at the counter with branch A and checking in an
item belonging to branch B - this will result in the following status
message for the item: "In transit from branch A to branch B since
26/01/2020". To set this status to "Available" we need to log in as
branch B and to check in the item once more.

We would better like if the status could just go to "Available" since in
fact there is no transport necessary.

After some fruitless reading of the manual I came up with the idea to
just delete the content of table "branchtransfers" every minute via cronjob:

DELETE FROM branchtransfers;

The status is then "Available", as desired.

Is this possible/advisable, or do you know a better way?

Best wishes: Michael