[Koha] need help with accessing koha from outside via

dcook at prosentient.com.au dcook at prosentient.com.au
Fri Feb 7 13:06:15 NZDT 2020

Hi Alvaro,

I think that you misunderstand the netstat output there.

"tcp6       0      0 :::80     :::*      LISTEN      1113/apache2" means that it's using a TCP socket that supports both IPv4 and IPv6.

 Heinz:
1. Remove the entries from /etc/hosts
2. Do "nslookup something.dnshome.de"
3. Confirm that the output of the above command matches your current home IP address
4. Ensure that your Apache configuration for the OPAC has either a ServerName or ServerAlias directive matching something.dnshome.de
5. Reload/restart Apache to be on the safe side
6. That should be it

That said, I'd be careful exposing a test version of Koha to the Internet, especially if you're not familiar with Koha or Apache.

David Cook
Systems Librarian
Prosentient Systems
72/330 Wattle St