[Koha] need help with accessing koha from outside via DynDNS

Heinz-Jürgen Oertel hj.oertel at t-online.de
Fri Feb 7 02:50:21 NZDT 2020

Am Donnerstag, 6. Februar 2020, 13:49:38 CET schrieb Mark Alexander:
> Excerpts from Heinz-Jürgen Oertel's message of 2020-02-06 13:32:34 +0100:
> > I can reach my network vi   something.dnshome.de
> > With a port forwarding 80 -> 80 in the network router I can reach the test
> > page of the apache server.
> > How  can I reach the koha server
>
> It's possible that Koha is listening on a port other than 80.  This is
> controlled by the VirtualHost line(s) in your Koha installation's
> configuration file in /etc/apache2/sites-available/INSTANCE.conf, where
> INSTANCE is the name of your Koha instance.
>
> You can see what ports are in use with this command:
>
> netstat -pn --tcp --listen | grep apache

tcp6       0      0 :::80     :::*      LISTEN      1113/apache2

That means, Apache is listening at 80, that is correct, but could not be all

From the local site, where i have to entries in /etc/hosts
192.168.2.138   bibliothek.xxxxxxxxx.de
192.168.2.138   bibliothek-intra.xxxxxxxx.de

I only can call koha  with one of these symbolic names.
If I put
http://192.168.2.138
in the browser URL field, I too reach the Apache test page

Regards
     Heinz