[Koha] Koha Rest API basic authentication failure - URGENT

ravikumar c ravikumarc2002 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 00:19:59 NZDT 2020

Password is just 8 characters. Tried querying API thru postman and curl
both. Query fails for both the cases.
Anyone knows if rest  basic authentication is compatible with ubuntu or
not? Also Using the Koha REST API - Koha Wiki (koha-community.org)
<https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Using_the_Koha_REST_API> indicates
*RESTBasicAuth* only works when using Plack; it will not work when using
CGI. Any idea what needs to be done for this? I simply downloaded latest
koha and configured in ubuntu, enabled *RESTBasicAuth* = True and tried
querying thru postman as well as curl. Koha version I am using is 20.11,
password is just 8 characters. Similar thing works with
https://intranet.bywatersolutions.com/api/v1/cities     but it doesn't work
with my installation. Is there any  additional settings needs to be changed
in koha-sites.conf, koha-common.conf or koha-httpd.conf? Appreciate any
help. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Ravikumar