[Koha] Koha Digest, Vol 182, Issue 10

dcook at prosentient.com.au dcook at prosentient.com.au
Fri Dec 11 13:11:46 NZDT 2020

Hi Peter,

Without rewriting the Koha code, it's impossible to authority control 2 subfields in a field. There's a few reasons why.

First, there is only one "9" subfield available for the linkage to the authority record.

Second, Koha is hard-coded to authority control only the "a" subfield. I have gotten it to work with the 260$b but only if there is no authority control on 260$a.

Ultimately, it can't really done without rewriting some core parts of Koha.

My suggestion would be to use "Authorized Value Lists" instead of authorities for the 260$a and 260$b instead, although I imagine that the customer won't like that.

Someone else might have other ideas but that's my 2 cents.

David Cook
Software Engineer
Prosentient Systems
Suite 7.03