[Koha] Koha 20.11 + ES 6 - Opac Browse Search with ES - "An error occurred, please try again."

Craig Butosi cbutosi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 08:36:42 NZDT 2020

Hi all,

Running 20.11 on Ubuntu 18.04 with ES 6.x.

I've successfully upgraded to 20.11 (congrats to everyone involved, btw!).
One hiccup. The Browse Search module available for ES users is throwing an
error on /opac-browse.pl.

1. The error reads  "An error occurred, please try again."
2. It is persistent (user sees it before running a search and upon landing
on the page)
3. After attempting to search on a basic query, nothing happens
4. Browse Search was working perfectly for me in Koha 20.05 + ES 5.x

You can view the error here:
https://library.craigbutosi.ca/cgi-bin/koha/opac-browse.pl

Has anyone experienced this before? Can anyone advise?

Many thanks,

Craig Butosi, MA, MLIS, B Mus (Hons)
Library: library.craigbutosi.ca