[Koha] Authority controlled fields for publisher

Peter Korsten pkpublic at severity-one.com
Thu Dec 10 12:16:32 NZDT 2020

Hi,

The topic has been asked before, but not exactly in the specific
circumstances that I'm facing.

My company (essentially, yours truly) is installing Koha for a customer,
and migrating data. They insist on having fields 260$a and 260$b to be
authority controlled. I solved that by modifying the BKS framework, setting
260$a to be a GEOGR_NAME and 260$b a CORPO_NAME. So far, so good.

The trouble starts when you try the little icon to look up an authority
record. If I click on that icon for 260$b (name of the publisher) and
choose an existing one, the value instead ends up in 260$a.

Now I don't think that this is a bug in Koha, but I do think that I'm not
understanding this facility entirely, and the documentation doesn't seem to
address this issue either. I'm aware that field 260 is supposed to contain
transcribed data, and we've pointed this out to the customer, but this is
what they want.

Could somebody please enlighten me, whether I've taken the correct approach?

Thanks,

- Peter