[Koha] Add 4 days to <<reserves.waitingdate>>

Chris Davis cgdavis at uintah.utah.gov
Tue Dec 8 05:31:09 NZDT 2020

Dear Colleagues,

At present, when an item is checked back into our library branch, Koha
sends out hold-available notices to our patron who have a hold on that
item. That same day, the item begins a four-day quarantine; therefore,
we must indicate in the aforementioned hold-available notices that the
item will be available in four days from the <<reserves.waitingdate>>
which is found within the notices.

I KNOW THAT PATRONS SHOULD READ THE NOTICE MORE CAREFULLY, BUT is there
a way to configure Koha to add four days to the
<<reserves.waitingdate>>? That way we could just put something like
"your hold will be available for pick up on (<<reserves.waitingdate>> +
4)" to indicate the future date.

Many thanks,

*Christopher Davis, MLS*
Systems & E-Services Librarian
Uintah County Library
204 E 100 N, Vernal, UT 84078
<https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/4375922503>
cgdavis at uintah.utah.gov <mailto:cgdavis at uintah.utah.gov>
+1 (435) 789-0091 ext. 261 <tel:14357890091>
uintahlibrary.org <https://uintahlibrary.org>
catalog.uintahlibrary.org <https://catalog.uintahlibrary.org>
facebook.com/uintahcountylibrary <https://facebook.com/uintahcountylibrary>
instagram.com/uintahcountylibrary