[Koha] Unable to install Koha on Ubuntu

Quỳnh Vũ Đỗ quynhvd at thanglong.edu.vn
Fri Dec 4 20:48:35 NZDT 2020

Hi,
My order of installation is the following:
1) Install the Server operating system (Ubuntu, Debian)
2) Install the Web server software (e.g. Apache 2), PHP and Database server
(MySQL or MariaDB). You may need to do some configuration for Apache and
for authentication with MySQL (or MariaDB ?)
3) Install koha (you need to add the repository first)
4) Configure Apache for listening to Koha instances
5) Install Koha via the web installer or regenerate an existing Koha
instance by SQL (then updating the database schema and zebra index)

For step 2 (I use Ubuntu and MySQL), I usually follow the complete
procedure described in this tutorial:
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-linux-apache-mysql-php-lamp-stack-ubuntu-18-04
(you may choose from the drop down menu Ubuntu 20.04).
I also install phpmyadmin on experimental Koha servers.
For steps 3, 4, 5 I follow the Koha wiki page on installing Koha for Ubuntu
(https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_ubuntu_-_packages)

I did it without problems for Koha 19.xx and 20.05 on Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu
18.04 and 20.04 (on experimental servers)

Hope that helps.

M. Vũ Đỗ Quỳnh (Ph.D)
Trường Đại học Thăng Long - Université de Thang Long - Thang Long
University (Hanoi, Vietnam)
Phó Hiệu Trưởng, phụ trách HTQT - Vice-recteur chargé de la coopération
internationale - Vice-Rector in charge of International Cooperation
Web: http://thanglong.edu.vn/

Vào Th 4, 2 thg 12, 2020 vào lúc 23:19 takan bhatt <takan.bhatt at gmail.com>
đã viết: