[Koha] SQL help

Ian Bays ian.bays at ptfs-europe.com
Thu Aug 20 03:05:13 NZST 2020

Hi Patricia.

The three tables are often joined using biblionumber and this might get
something close to what you want:

SELECT  biblionumber,
        title,
        author,
        copyrightdate
FROM  biblio
LEFT  JOIN  biblioitems  USING  (biblionumber)
LEFT  JOIN  biblio_metadata  USING  (biblionumber)
WHERE  ExtractValue(metadata,  '//datafield[@tag="490"]/subfield[@code="a"]')  LIKE  '%Irish Office pamphlets%'

Of course you can add "ORDER BY" clause to sort the results or just sort
it in your spreadsheet.

I suspect your series titles will be in the 490 tag (MARC21) rather than
the 440.

I hope this helps you get to grips with your SQL.

All the best.
Ian