[Koha] Problems trying to upgrade from Koha 17.11

auldstampguy at gmail.com auldstampguy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 05:33:12 NZST 2020

Hi Mason,
I followed your directions for the upgrade. I found that I had to
upgrade the Ubuntu OS from 16.04 to 18.04 before doing the Koha
upgrade. I have upgraded Koha from 17.11 to 20.5. The system comes up
and runs. I can log into it.

I'm having a problem with searching the catalog in that nothing is
returned on the search. The about screen tells me that there is an
error and Zebra is not available. When I do the Zebra rebuild I get the
following:

====================
Zebra configuration information
================================
Zebra biblio directory      = /var/lib/koha/library/biblios
Zebra authorities directory = /var/lib/koha/library/authorities
Koha directory              = /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin
Lockfile                    =
/var/lock/zebra_koha_library/rebuild/rebuild..LCK
BIBLIONUMBER in :     999$c
BIBLIOITEMNUMBER in : 999$d
================================
====================
exporting authority
====================

Records exported: 0
====================
REINDEXING zebra
====================
skipping biblios
====================
CLEANING
kohaadmin at www2:~$ ps axf | grep "zebrasrv"
16431 pts/0    S+     0:00              \_ grep --color=auto zebrasrv
kohaadmin at www2:~$

Running this rebuild doesn't make any difference, I think because the
Records exported is showing zero(0). There are definitely books in the
system. Thousands of them.

Do you have any suggestions as to how to fix this?

Regards ... Tim.