[Koha] Storage of Perl Scripts [Was: Orphaned Authority Records: Finding Them and Deleting Them]

Alvaro Cornejo cornejo.alvaro at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 14:01:31 NZST 2020

Hi Charles

You can use "locate" command to find files in linux

#sudo updatedb (Updates locate index)
#sudlo locate  remove_unused_authorities.pl

the script mentioned is in

#/usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/

For running you can go to that dir and do:

 # sudo koha-shell YOURLIBRARY_INSTANCE
This will change user environment to your koha user/instance

# ./remove_unused_authorities.pl --test | grep -i delete
(note the dot at the beginning if the string)
The grep command helps you filter only the ones that can be deleted instead
of all the authorities.

  # ./remove_unused_authorities.pl --test | grep -i delete >
/PathToAFIle/filename
This will write all found records to file  /PathToAFIle/filename. You
should have write privileges on destination folder for your kohaUser so you
can try /temp/orphanauthors.txt

You can also just do:

 # ./remove_unused_authorities.pl
to see what options the command has like delete orphaned records and check
only certain types of authorities.

At the end type "exit" to return to your normal linux user.

Note that the script is CPU consuming.

Hope helps

Regards

Alvaro

 Stay safe / Cuídate/  Reste sécurisé
*7* Switch off as you go / Apaga lo que no usas /  Débranchez au fur et à
mesure.
 *q *Recycle always / Recicla siempre / Recyclez toujours
 P Print only if absolutely necessary / Imprime solo si es necesario /
Imprimez seulement si nécessaire