[Koha] Plugin Error

David Nind david.nind at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 22:17:29 NZST 2019

Hi Satish.

I hope you were able to get the plugins working from the responses so far.

In case you weren't, the steps to take are:*

1. Enable plugins in your Koha instance configuration file
(/etc/koha/sites/gechlibrary/koha-conf.xml), look for:
     Change the line  <enable_plugins>0</enable_plugins> to
<enable_plugins>1</enable_plugins> (1 = enabled, 0 = not enabled)
   There should also be a line above this with the path to the plugins
directory:
     <pluginsdir>/var/lib/koha/gechlibrary/plugins</pluginsdir>

2. Make sure the plugin directory has the right ownership and permissions
(if you used a packaged install and the koha-create command to create your
library instance, then this should have been done for you):
    sudo chown -R gechlibrary-koha:gechlibrary-koha
/var/lib/koha/gechlibrary/plugins/
    sudo chmod -R 755 /var/lib/koha/gechlibrary/plugins/

3. Enable plugins in the staff client (More > Administration > search the
global system preferences for the UseKohaPlugins system preference, set
this to Enable).

4. Restart the Apache and memcached services. On Debian the commands are:
    sudo service memcached restart
    sudo service apache2 restart

5. Upload the plugin from More > Tools > Additional tools> Tool plugins.
Click on the Upload plugins button.

* Assumptions made are that you are using a standard package install and
your Koha instance name is gechlibrary

David Nind | david.nind at gmail.com
PO Box 12367, Thorndon, Wellington, New Zealand 6144
m. +64 21 0537 847