[Koha] How to make the Koha/Zebra search ignore hyphens?

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Wed Sep 25 08:28:15 NZST 2019

Hi Kathrin

 > we looked into this ages ago and it didn't seem possible to achieve
 > both - treating hyphen (-) as a space and not a space at the same
 > time. Maybe we missed something - If there is a solution, I'd be
 > interested in a how-to! :)

Just to clarify: We don't want to treat hyphen as a space. We just want
to ignore/omit it while searching. (Well, maybe the "vice versa" part of
my e-mail is not all too sophisticated...)

So "Sinti-Swing" would NOT become "Sinti Swing" (as it is actually the
case) but just "SintiSwing". Of course, a search term like "Sinti Swing"
should just stay unaltered as there is no hyphen in it anyway.

Best wishes: Michael