[Koha] Help restoring OPAC search box

Katrin Fischer katrin.fischer.83 at web.de
Mon Sep 23 09:17:01 NZST 2019

Hi,

On 09.09.19 19:20, Sayward Schoonmaker wrote
> I copied and pasted some code from ByWaterSolutions into the
> OpacCustomSearch field (which was empty) and in doing so I unintentionally
> erased the library branch pulldown menu from the main search page.
>
> Is there a way to return to the default search box which included a pull
> down menu for search by keyword, author, etc. and another pulldown for
> library branch?

Emptying out the system preference should do the trick. I just tested it
on master (to be 19.11). Make sure you remove everything, including any
whitespace.

> Or, is there code that I can add to the existing code to restore the library
> dropdown menu to the search box?
>
> Here is the code I used from ByWaterSolutions:
>
> <form name="searchform" method="get"
> action="http://syracuse.klassmates.us//cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl"
> id="searchform">
> <input id="transl1" name="q" type="text"><p>
> <select name="idx" id="masthead_search">
> <option value="kw">Keyword</option>
> <option value="ti">Title</option>
> <option value="au">Author</option>
> <option value="su">Subject</option>
> <option value="nb">ISBN</option>
> <option value="se">Series</option>
> <option value="callnum">Call Number</option>
> <input value="Search" id="searchsubmit" type="submit">

I can spot one error here: ...//cgi-bin... should be .../cgi-bin... Also
you are missing the closing </select> and I'd suggest to remove the

<form name="searchform" method="get"
action="/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl"
id="searchform">
<input id="transl1" name="q" type="text">
<select name="idx" id="masthead_search">
<option value="kw">Keyword</option>
<option value="ti">Title</option>
<option value="au">Author</option>
<option value="su">Subject</option>
<option value="nb">ISBN</option>
<option value="se">Series</option>
<option value="callnum">Call Number</option>
</select>
<input value="Search" id="searchsubmit" type="submit">
</form>

Hope this helps,

Katrin