[Koha] SIP, Envisionware's PC Reservation, and failed login attempts

Arturo Longoria Arturo.Longoria at sll.texas.gov
Wed Oct 30 05:25:56 NZDT 2019

Hi all,

I've stumbled upon an issue with my library's setup involving Koha 18.11.10 and Envisionware's PC Reservation, but I'm not sure if it's a bug or a misconfiguration on our part. If anyone has any tips or feedback, I'd really appreciate it!

We use SIP to authenticate patrons who wish to create a computer session via PC Reservation. We also have the Koha FailedLoginAttempts preference set so that an account is locked after X failed login attempts.

But I'm noticing that the borrowers.login_attempts field is increased by 1 each time a user logs on to our public computers even if the login is successful on the first attempt. That is, when I create a computer session successfully, the login_attempts count in the borrowers table is increased regardless. I noticed this after doing maintenance on several computers that required me to log in via PC Reservation. When I went to log in to the staff client later, my account had been locked out.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Arturo Longoria
Web Administrator
Texas State Law Library