[Koha] Barcode Rejection Due to Miscalculated Check Digit

Charles Kelley cmkelleymls at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 12:15:13 NZDT 2019

Hello, all!

    My library will soon upload a lot of records (bibliographic with item
records) into its Koha ILS. We have observed through experimentation that
if the check digit of a barcode does not compute according to one of the
standard modular arithmetic formulas, the item record is rejected. Not just
the barcode, rather the entire item record.

    Mind you, the bibliographic record makes it in, but the item record
with the miscalculated check digit does not. If the barcode is not in the
item data but the rest of the item data are, the item record will make it
into the ILS.

    Is there a way to suspend the check-digit calculation during the
uploading process, e.g., a preference/option/setting called something like
BarcodeDigitCheck? Mind you, my staff and I can type in the barcodes and we
may use this for an inventory check -- pardon the pun.

    Thanks for your help, all.

--
    -- Charles.

    Charles Kelley, MLS
    PSC 704 Box 1029
    APO AP 96338

    Charles Kelley
    1-5-2 Tsukimino #210
    Yamato-shi, Kanagawa-ken, 〒242-0002
    JAPAN

    1-301-741-7122 [US cell]
    011-81-80-4714-5490 [JPN cell]

    mnogojazyk at aol.com [h]
    cmkelleymls at gmail.com [p]

    linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls <http://www.linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls>
    Meeting Your Information Needs. Virtually.