[Koha] Creating Lists of Item Numbers

Charles Kelley cmkelleymls at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 22:18:16 NZDT 2019

Hello, all!

    Please excuse the use of the terminology from my former ILS,
Innovative. I cannot find the analog in Koha.

    My library and I are new to Koha and are just learning it. I have set
up a library with libraries, branches, collections, etc. I now find that I
have to do a mass change of empty shelving locations to a general shelving
one; i.e., 952$c, previously blank, will be filled with the general
shelving code.

    I have watched several versions of the ByWaters Solutions tutorials on
YouTube, and I'm stuck. I understand the proper command is Tools -> Batch
item modification. I also understand the need to compile the relevant items
into a list of item (ID) numbers. Unfortunately, I cannot find in the
documentation instructions on how to compile such a list. I also cannot
find instructions through a web search.

    Can someone help me? Is there a tutorial on compiling item lists, bib.
record lists, patron lists, etc.?

    Thank you very much for your help.

--
    -- Charles.

    Charles Kelley, MLS
    PSC 704 Box 1029
    APO AP 96338

    Charles Kelley
    1-5-2 Tsukimino #210
    Yamato-shi, Kanagawa-ken, 〒242-0002
    JAPAN

    1-301-741-7122 [US cell]
    011-81-80-4714-5490 [JPN cell]

    mnogojazyk at aol.com [h]
    cmkelleymls at gmail.com [p]

    linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls <http://www.linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls>
    Meeting Your Information Needs. Virtually.