[Koha] Creating additional superlibrarian

John Sterbenz jsterben at umich.edu
Sat Nov 30 04:23:40 NZDT 2019

Hello Christos!

It sounds like you got as far as I got in 2015 when I was experimenting
with Koha for the first time.

Please do consider viewing my installation guide, found here (this is the
same document as hosted on the koha-US website):

bit.ly/201907kohainstall

This should give you the information you need (the later pages in
particular).  Do read it carefully--especially "What will I have when I'm
done here", as this outlines how/why some of the configuration files are
edited like they are.  The section regarding the Web Installer is NOT
OS/Koha version specific and should work even if you're not using Ubuntu
18.04 / Koha 19.05.xx.

The Web Installer will do a number of things for you when you run it--these
are also outlined in this document, as well as several other things I've
found useful to select/not select in running the Web Installer many many
many times across different versions of both OS and Koha software.

YES--you can use a barcode of "1" (you don't specify a barcode system and
can basically enter anything you want into this field).  Setting up an
initial "superlibrarian" for your system will take place as the last step
of the Web Installer--you'll create an individual patron record, then staff
login linked to that record for your system.  This staff login does not
reference barcode number at all--it's just that barcode number is a
required field and system access in Koha is linked directly to patron
records (for me, this was a change over the way our Millennium server did
things).  Since we don't have a circulating collection or patrons anymore,
I just used sequential numbers for the 3 staff people that needed
access--and as the system creator and manager, I am "1" in my system (and
any system I create).

Feel free to write me off-list if you'd like--I'm glad to be able to help
if I can!

John

-=<*>=- -=<*>=- -=<*>=- -=<*>=- -=<*>=- -=<*>=- -=<*>=- -=<*>=- -=<*>=-
John E. Sterbenz, Jr.
Senior Associate Librarian
Manager, Electronic Collections Administration
700 East University Avenue
Kresge Hall, 4th Floor East
Suite K4511
Kresge Library Services