[Koha] error occurred while importing the database structure

Rasheed A. rasheedga at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 08:20:05 NZDT 2019

*Honorable Friends *

*ABCD Software is a power full Library Automation Software*

*FOR PRESENTATION Please Google Search: Rasheed ABCD*

*https://www.slideshare.net/Rasheed1976/presentation-by-rasheedahmedmarch2011
<https://www.slideshare.net/Rasheed1976/presentation-by-rasheedahmedmarch2011>*

*ABCD* stands for "Automatización de Bibliotecas y Centros de
Documentación" (Spanish), which means: Library and Documentation Centers
Automation. Its development was promoted and coordinated by BIREME, with
the support of VLIR.

*ABCD* is web-based integrated library management software comprising the
main basic library functions. This kind of library application is a long
held aspiration for the ISIS community, since the first MS-DOS version came
out more than 20 years ago. Several library automation systems were
developed during this period and are still in operation worldwide. BIRME
EMP previous system was limited to the circulation services. The main
characteristics of ABCD are the coverage of the main library functions, its
web centrality and its development and maintenance under the methodology of
Free and Open Source Software.

*Main functions*

   - Definition of any number of new databases (similar to Winisis), which
   includes: FDT, PFT, FST, and worksheets directly on the Web, or copying
   from existing ones either from the Web or from Winisis on a local hard disk,
   - Cataloguing of books and serials, independently of the format: MARC,
   LILACS, AGRIS, etc.
   - End-user searching (OPAC),
   - Loans circulation,
   - Acquisitions,
   - Library services like SDI, barcode printing, quality control, etc.
   - Compatible with CDS/ISIS database technology for the bibliographic
   databases, i.e. reading ISIS-databases and making use of ISIS Formatting
   Language for producing output and indexing of records;
   - Run on both Windows and Linux platforms;
   - Use of MARC-21 cataloging formats and other current standards or
   protocols (Dublin Core, METS, Z39.50...);
   - Published as Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) with the
   accompanying tools for the developer community;
   - Multi-lingual;

*Rasheed Ahmed*