[Koha] New added items and biblio records not searchable

Admire Mutsikiwa amutsikiwa at gmail.com
Fri May 3 01:59:18 NZST 2019

Hi  All

I had an instance of Koha on Debian 8.11 where both the application server
and databases where running on one server.   My server was becoming
overwhelmed so I decided to have a two-tier setup with the database running
on another separate server  and changing the <hostname>localhost</hostname
in  /etc/koha/sites/library/koha-conf.xml to the ipaddress of the database
server and granting the relevant privileges. Everything seems to be going
on well.  However, newly added item and biblio records are not searchable
on the catalogue pointing to a browse index-related issue. What should I do
on a two-tier setup to ensure that  newly added books are searchable? Any
pointers are most welcome.

Kind Regards,

Admire Mutsikiwa

ICT Projects Manager

Libraries

University of Zimbabwe

Tel:+263-4-303276

*“It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the
consequences of dodging our responsibilities.”  Josiah Charles Stamp,
1880-1941, former director of the Bank of England *