[Koha] export patrons with additional attributes

Joy Nelson joy at bywatersolutions.com
Fri Mar 29 01:21:28 NZDT 2019

Erlanda,
You will have to reset patrons passwords after moving the patrons from a
different system to Koha.  (or even from Koha to Koha)  The passwords are
encrypted in Koha and not exportable.  You can import patrons with plain
text passwords into Koha and they are encrypted when saved in the
database.

To export patrons with additional attributes, this SQL on the reports wiki
will get you started.

SELECT p.surname, p.firstname, p.cardnumber, a.code, a.attribute FROM
borrowers pLEFT JOIN borrower_attributes a USING (borrowernumber)GROUP
BY a.attribute ORDER BY p.surname, p.firstname ASC

-joy