[Koha] Periodicals

Puttaraj Choukimath choukimath at tiss.edu
Thu Mar 28 19:46:45 NZDT 2019

***fyi: **
*
I cannot live without books. - /Thomas Jefferson///

Reading maketh a full man. - /Francis Bacon/

The more that you read, the more things that you know.

The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. /-//Dr Seuss/

A man will turn over half a library to make one book. - /Samuel Johnson/
*
*A real book is not one that we read, but one that reads us. - /Alan
Ayckbourn/

These are not books, lumps of lifeless paper, but minds alive on the
shelves. - /Gilbert Highet/

A room without books is like a body without a soul. – /Cicero/

Once you learn to read, you will be free forever. - /Frederick Douglass /

If information is the currency of democracy, then libraries are the
banks. - /Senator Wendell Ford/

Here is where people, One frequently finds, Lower their voices And raise
their minds. - /Light Armour/

Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where
we can find information upon it. - /Samuel Johnson/

A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone. - /Jo
Godwin William Godwin/

If we would have new knowledge, we must get a whole world of new
questions. - /Susanne K. Langer/

Knowledge is knowing... or knowing where to find out. - /Alvin Toffler/

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body. - /Richard Steele/

The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who
can't read them. - /Mark Twain/

Reading is a basic tool in the living of a good life. - /Mortimer J. Adler/

Read in order to live - /Henry Fielding/

Knowledge rests not upon truth alone, but upon error also. - /Carl G.
Jung/ My pen is my harp and my lyre; my library is my garden and my
orchard. - /Judah Ha-Levi/

Read the best books first, or you may not have a chance to read them at
all. /-//Henry David Thoreau/
Readers are plentiful; thinkers are rare. - /Harriet Martineau/

*Best wishes
Puttaraj Choukimath*

On Thursday 28 March 2019 10:16 AM, Nalisha Tamang wrote:
> Library quotations
> Hello all,
> May i get the Biblical library quotations to attract the users to the
> library or any library quote which would innovate the users.
> thanks in advance!
> Dehra Dun
> India
>
> On Sat, Aug 4, 2018 at 12:18 PM Nalisha Tamang <nt at ptsindia.com> wrote:
>
>> hello everyone, we are going to catalogue periodicals in koha. so we have
>> got journals from 1970s which has not been catalogue in the computer.  I
>> have created vendor now i have to create bibliographic record and i got
>> confused regarding the years, issue no. and so on... it is from 1970-2018.
>> how am i going to enter manually because it takes time...please help me
>> out..

Mr.Puttaraj Choukimath
    BSc, BEd, MLISC, PGDLIM, UGC-NET.
Asst. Librarian (SG)-SDTM Library and Faculty-CLIMS,
Tata Institute of Social Sciences, V.N.Purav Marg, Deonar,
MUMBAI-400088, INDIA
T: +91-22-2552 5285 (O); F: +91-22-2552 5050
E: choukimath at tiss.edu; choukimath at gmail.com
W: http://library.tiss.edu
W: https://tinyurl.com/y93t5ef4 (Google Scholar)
W: http://works.bepress.com/puttaraj_choukimath/