[Koha] Problem with upgrading Koha from 17.11 to 18.11

Daniel Owens dcowens76 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 03:29:47 NZDT 2019

Chris,

Thanks for this suggestion. I checked, and both files contain the
RewriteRule you mention below. So I can rule that out.

But now the situation has changed to look more like a database problem.
I was away from my computer for the past few days and unable to check on
this. In the meantime, the OPAC started picking up the stylesheets fine,
but another error cropped up, one that prevents loading the staff client:

  Software error:

Template process failed: undef error - DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::_dbh_execute(): Table 'koha_hbc.branches' doesn't exist in engine at /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Objects.pm line 269

A similar error prevents searches in the OPAC:

*No results found!*

You did not specify any search criteria.

        Error:

DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::_dbh_execute(): Table 'koha_hbc.branches'
doesn't exist in engine at /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Objects.pm line 129

I am not finding much online about this particular issue. I did confirm
that there is no data in the table "koha_hbc.branches" in my present
database. However, a backup of my Koha database from 21 March does have
data in that table.

I am now concerned that the upgrade process led to data loss (thankfully
I have backups!). I did a mysqldump of the Koha database, and it
complained:

     mysqldump: Got error: 1932: "Table
'koha_hbc.borrower_attribute_types' doesn't exist in engine" when using
LOCK TABLES

That data is also missing in my current database, though it is present
in a recent backup.

Any suggestions about how best to proceed? Should I roll Koha back to
before the upgrade and try again?

Daniel