[Koha] Extracting list of biblios with . in the subject

Barton Chittenden barton at bywatersolutions.com
Sat Mar 23 10:34:38 NZDT 2019

Here's how to do it using SQL:

SELECT
    ExtractValue( metadata, '//datafield[@tag=650]/subfield[@code="a"]' )
as 'Topical term',
    biblionumber,
    title
FROM
biblio
    INNER JOIN biblio_metadata using (biblionumber)
WHERE
    ExtractValue( metadata, '//datafield[@tag=650]/subfield[@code="a"]' )
rlike '\\.'

Due to some of the vagaries of MySQL, it isn't possible to constrain this
to 650$a fields ending in a period, but at least when I eyeball the results
on our test server, it seems to work well. It should give you a solid place
to start.

--Barton