[Koha] Trying to use a template in Batch record modification

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Tue Mar 19 09:12:15 NZDT 2019

Hi Alvaro

 >> How about changing a record with already with ger to any other
 >> language?
 >
 >> I don't know exactly what you mean. Editing the record manually from
 >> "ger" to any other MARC language code is no problem....
 >
 > I mean you can try to use the batch record modification tool to change
 > the "ger to "abc" for example and see if it does do the change as
 > opposite of as when you "add" ger. With this we can test if it behaves
 > differently between those cases and might give us a clue.
 >
 > In the test I'll use a language code that you do not use or does not
 > exist so you can then easy spot those records and return the language
 > code back to "ger" easily

Ah, OK. But no, as far as I can see there is no possibility to use the
batch record modification tool to change the content of a control field
in this way (i. e. only position 35-37), since control fields are
organized in a different way than the usual data fields. At the moment
it seems to me this tool generally has some problems to deal with
control fields and that may be the reason why it saves my action but
doesn't do anything when I actually run it.

Best wishes: Michael