[Koha] Trying to use a template in Batch record modification

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Sat Mar 16 07:42:39 NZDT 2019

Hi

Currently some Koha newbies have forgotten to add the value "ger" in
MARC 041$a when catalogueing, but they did add the correct value "ger"
in MARC 008,35-37. However, this results in some missing entries in the
language facet. The plain MARC view in the OPAC of such a record may
look like this:

  000 00216nam a22001097a 4500
  999 _c470
      _d470
  003 OSt
  005 20190315191317.0
  008 190315b ||||| |||| 00| 0 ger d
  040 _cOSt
  245 _aTest
  942 _2z
      _cBK

In fact it is missing

  041 _ager

Thus I tried using the MARC modification templates in Koha menu "Tools >
Batch record modification", adding a template with the following action
(as copied from the interface):

Add new field 041$a with value ger if 008 matches RegEx

When I run this action over the given record, Koha tells me that the
bibliographic record has successfully been modified - but in fact
nothing has changed.

Besides it is not possible to unload that record using "Data export",
but it is there an can be searched via staff client and OPAC.

What is wrong with my evil doing? Is it something with my regular
expression?

Best wishes: Michael