[Koha] Database Upgrade

Mohamad F. Barham mbarham at birzeit.edu
Tue Mar 5 02:36:19 NZDT 2019

Dears,

I am a little bit new to KOHA system.

I am trying to test KOHA adaptability to my university library (where I work).

I want to add new fields to be used with items e.x binding _cost, binding_note, binding_type.

I already added new columns in the database in items table to be used  for binding _cost, binding_note and binding_type. the columns were added throug atomicupdate, then running the command
koha-upgrade-schema INSTANCE.

the columns now exist in the database, but how to add entry for KOHA to marc mapping for these new columns?

is it automatically? or should is insert something else where?

notes
KOHA 18.11 on debian

[cid:image002.png at 01D327F4.25E9A910]

Mohamad Barham

System administrator | Information Technology Department

Birzeit University

P.O.Box. 14, Birzeit, Palestine

Tel: + 970 22982012 | Mob: +970 597 861929 | Ext: 5616

mbarham at birzeit.edu | www.birzeit.edu<http://www.birzeit.edu/>

The information contained in this communication is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to this email and then delete it from your system. The University is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt.