[Koha] Need advice regarding removal of deleted biblio records

Andy Boze boze.1 at nd.edu
Wed Jun 26 09:00:53 NZST 2019

Actually we did use the import tool. The server (it's running on AWS)
choked and we had to restart it. We bumped up its capacity and
restarted, and Koha looked like it continued to process the import where
it left off. Unfortunately we ended up with lots of duplicate records
(with different biblio numbers).

We tried reverting the import, but that still left a lot of records to
delete. We deleted the records and tried importing from the previously
staged records. Doing that, nearly all the records were duplicated. We
reverted those imports and deleted duplicate records.

Then we uploaded the records again to stage them, rather than reusing
the previously staged records. From the newly staged records, the import
went smoothly. We had previously imported the same records in our test
environment and everything had gone flawlessly. In any case, we've got a
huge number of deleted records we'd like to eliminate from the database.

Andy