[Koha] Need advice regarding removal of deleted biblio records

Andy Boze boze.1 at nd.edu
Wed Jun 26 08:43:30 NZST 2019

Dear all,

I'm hoping someone can give me a bit of direction. We have a large
number of deleted biblio records (due to a failed MARC records import).
We'd like to remove the deleted records from the database as there are
somewhat more deleted records (401,000) than active records.

Is there a script than can clean up deleted records? I've seen this
"Clean up database" script <
https://koha-community.org/manual/18.11/en/html/cron_jobs.html#clean-up-database
 >, but it's not what we're looking for.

If there's no script, can we safely use the MySQL TRUNCATE command on
the deletedbiblio, deletedbiblio_metadata, deletedbiblioitems and
deleteditems tables? This is a non-circulating library, so I don't think
the biblionumber would be tied to any other tables.

I'll appreciate any guidance. We're using Koha 18.11 and MariaDB 5.5.60.

--
Andy Boze, Associate Librarian
University of Notre Dame