[Koha] User MyLibrary Already Exists

Hector Gonzalez cacho at genac.org
Thu Jun 6 04:51:19 NZST 2019

> On Jun 4, 2019, at 9:47 PM, Charles Kelley <cmkelleymls at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello, all
>
>    My new library is thinking of migrating to Koha and I am installing it on a development machine before installing it on the production machine. I have reached this stage in the installation instructions, to wit:
>
> $ sudo koha-create --create-db mylibrary
>
>    The response is
>
> User mylibrary-koha already exists.
>
>    Grand! I proceed to the next instruction, to wit:

Not so grand!  This means the user it is trying to create to grant database privileges is already there, and it won´t continue.  You should first make sure everything is clean of your previous attempts, or it will not proceed.

You should check mysql, and drop the user and the database if they exist before running that command again.

koha-remove can help you remove a previous installation attempt.