[Koha] Debian vs Ubuntu server for koha

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Sat Jul 27 00:39:34 NZST 2019

Hi Fred

 > As far as Koha administration is concerned, what are the differences
 > between Debian and Ubuntu? I know Ubuntu is said to be the easy
 > version of Debian, but how does that translate into Koha?

As soon as you have Koha installed all right there shouldn't be any
difference that I am aware of. Thus I am backing what Dave Sherohman was
aying in the other e-mail.

What I was referring to are problems during the installation /
configuration process like the following and more that sometimes appear
in this mailinglist. They just don't occur when using Debian:

http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/Koha-on-Ubuntu-18-04-LTS-Bionic-Beaver-td5975633.html

http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/Unable-to-configure-Koha-18-11-on-Ubuntu-16-04-td6020964.html

However, under
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_ubuntu_-_packages you will
find instructions for a Koha installation on Ubuntu if you prefer this
distribution.

Best wishes: Michael