[Koha] Issue enabling Google OpenID authentication

Guillermo Castellano gcastellano at nosturi.es
Wed Jul 24 19:22:32 NZST 2019

Hi there,

We are trying unsuccessfully to connect an instance of Koha 17.11.18.000
to Google OpenID following the instructions provided here:
https://koha-community.org/manual/17.11/html/02_administration.html?highlight=google#google-openid-connect.

This is the error that we get:

400. That’s an error.

Error: invalid_request

Invalid parameter value for redirect_uri: Missing scheme:
/cgi-bin/koha/svc/auth/googleopenidconnect

Learn more
Request Details

     response_type=code
     redirect_uri=/cgi-bin/koha/svc/auth/googleopenidconnect
client_id=151271246332-2rutdao24k2as059d4ht7gmo0utln43l.apps.googleusercontent.com
     scope=openid email profile
     state=auth_660a4a0ed00714e959894abe360a3532

That’s all we know.

We have checked that we have a client ID and a client secret; and that
the authorized JavaScript origins, as well as the authorized redirect
URLs, match the URL of the OPACBaseURL and
http://YOUROPAC/cgi-bin/koha/svc/auth/googleopenidconnect
<http://YOUROPAC/cgi-bin/koha/svc/auth/googleopenidconnect>.

We have also checked that the values of GoogleOAuth2ClientID and
GoogleOAuth2ClientSecret in Koha match the values of the Google client
ID and the client secret.

Could anyone please provide us some guidance on this?

Many thanks in advance,

Guillermo Castellano