[Koha] Development idea - Create holds from patron suggestions

Johnson, Barbara Barbara.Johnson at bedfordtx.gov
Thu Jul 11 07:16:12 NZST 2019

Our patrons who submit suggestions usually want to have a hold placed on the item for them so that they will be the first person able to check it out.  This development would include the following:

1.       Ordering from a suggestion method  - automatically place a hold for the patron when the acquisitions department places an order from the patron suggestion.

2.       Ordering from a staged file method - when the ability to link orders to a suggestion is included in Koha (bug #19358), this development would create holds for those patrons.

Bywater has provided a quote of $5,000 for this development.  If we could get several libraries interested in this the cost to each would be more manageable.  If we could get as many as 10 interested libraries it would only be $500 per library.  I would love to know if you are interested in this type of functionality and if you desire to help fund any portion of it.

It is listed on the crowdsourcing site:
https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2fdevs.bywatersolutions.com%2f2019%2f06%2f24%2f2019-06-24-create-holds-from-suggestions%2f&c=E,1,SjI9bC9xXwwedmiqHhhPAXo_o2YJawY7cVUUwguhEtx5EufXwL6FZdz1Ve-NBG2FrUtGKDxKCS9zMxHbwpJNYAhTNjQcYkR1kWc7mvOG6lQwJIen&typo=1

--
Barbara Johnson
Library Technical Services Manager
Office: 817-952-2360 | Fax: 817-952-2396 | Barbara.Johnson at bedfordtx.gov

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This City of Bedford (CoB) email transmission is intended only for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, privileged, and exempt from disclosure. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by any person other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's designees is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by return email and destroy all electronic and paper copies of the original message and any attachments immediately. --o365--