[Koha] Library items non-display in OPAC

Eric Phetteplace ephetteplace at cca.edu
Wed Jan 23 18:16:18 NZDT 2019

How can you change the "withdrawn" value of an item? Edit the item the same
way you would, say, change a barcode or any other property of the item.

Basic outline:

- find the bib record in the staff interface (e.g. by using the "search the
catalog" tab)
- click the title to view its summary page, then use Edit > Edit items
- you're taken to a list of the record's items, use the Actions button to
Edit the one you want withdrawn
- change the "0 - Withdrawn status" value up at the top to "withdrawn" in
the dropdown, then Save Changes down at the bottom

It may not be obvious that a "withdrawn" field value of "withdrawn" equals
1 but that is set in your Koha's authorized values where text is mapped to
shorter alphanumeric codes. You can add additional value or change the
existing ones under Administration > Authorized Values.

Best,

ERIC PHETTEPLACE

Chair, Local Planning Committee, Code4Lib 2019 <https://2019.code4lib.org/>

Systems Librarian

libraries.cca.edu | vault.cca.edu | 510.594.3660

5212 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94618

1111 8th St., San Francisco, CA 94107

Preferred Pronoun(s): he/him