[Koha] OPAC detail

Jenny Wolf wolf at ghwk.de
Tue Jan 15 22:54:11 NZDT 2019

Dear colleagues, dear community

in the library of the memorial site "Haus der Wannsee-Konferenz" we have been unsing Koha (17.11) for almost a year. Our collection includes about 100.000 records. We are planning an update to the current version (18.11) in the beginning of 2019. Currently we are customizing the OPAC detail view for our users. This includes for example renaming labels in the XSLT files. Changes like these of course can cause problems. Updates may be more difficult, because the changes we make are not part of the Koha standard.

Two things are be important to us in the (normal) OPAC detail view:

/ variable order of the labels
The order of the labels should be configurable. (See attached picture or HERE<https://www.dropbox.com/s/dxnupl4keig5oet/OPAC-detail-variable-order-of-the-labels.jpg?dl=0%20> )

/ presentation of the labels in a table (spreadsheet)
There should be two columns. The first column should display the label, the second column shows the content. (See attached picture or HERE<https://www.dropbox.com/s/rzwlqo1f99ou0hy/OPAC-detail-presentation-of-the-labels-in-a-table.png?dl=0> )

We would suggest the development of these points and their inclusion in the Koha standard. We have the following questions:

Is anyone interested in these developments?
Who could implement that and how much would it cost?
How should we proceed, should we report a bugzilla?

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards
Jenny

---
Joseph Wulf Mediothek