[Koha] 2 different circulation rules against a patron

Bob Birchall bob at calyx.net.au
Mon Jan 7 15:04:40 NZDT 2019

Hi Chee,
I am going to answer 'No, it can't be applied to 18.05', for a few reasons:
- the patch was submitted over three years ago: that is six versions of
Koha ago;
- even if it applies to the code base, it could cause any number of
problems - it has not been tested by project maintainers or subjected to
quality assurance (QA) testing;
- the concept is a bad idea, if you read the discussion in the bug
report: the concept has been rejected by the project's QA Manager no less;
- patches that are not part of Koha have to be re-applied at every
upgrade: if you do this once, you will keep doing it, and create a
maintenance headache for yourself.
The only way in Koha for a user to have two categories is to create two
records for them. That can cause its own problems. Why not just put them
in the category with the most generous circulation rules?
Otherwise, Koha does not support the functionality you are seeking.
I hope this explains,
Bob Birchall
Calyx